- The Law Society of Thailand declines to discipline a Thai attorney who defrauds
a foreign investor by rigging a Court-ordered auction, arguing that
auction-rigging is a "legitimate legal tactic" in Thailand.
- Crimebusters in Action: A Public Prosecutor assists a citizen to swindle a foreigner; the Attorney General's Office whitewashes
the investigation; the report of a re-investigation is hidden in the Prime Minister's Office from
the foreign victim.
- The Bank and the Court In connivance with a
sibling of its chairman, a state-controlled bank organizes a hoax upon the public.
Behind-the-scenes chicanery bars legal recourse against the state body.
- Alice in Thailand At the first sitting
of a case between a Thai and a foreigner the presiding judge announces
evidentiary hearings will be largely unnecessary as he has already composed the Judgment
based on the nationality of the litigants.
Right-click above links to save PDF files locally
- Background to these Case Studies
- Testimony before the Trade Policy
Staff Committee of the Office of the United States Trade Representative,
Washington DC, March 30, 2004, concerning mooted U.S.-Thailand Free Trade Agreement
- The response of the Thai Government to prima facie evidence of grave official misconduct.